MEET ROBIN EMTAGE, FOUNDER
Robin Emtage, hairstylist, makeup artist and natural beauty enthusiast devoted her career to helping actresses and models look their best. She have been frustrated that most styling serums and oils in the marketplace were full of silicones, harsh chemicals, and preservatives. She grew up watching her mother and grandmother use pure botanicals on the skin and make coconut oil for the hair. This led her on a quest to find a natural alternative, something truly pure and natural that would improve the health of the hair while making it silky, smooth, and shiny. After many fruitless searches for a pure hair styling product that she loved, Robin decided to create my own hair oil, using the most natural, organic, nontoxic oils inspired by ancient beauty traditions from around the world. Drawing from those ancient wisdom, in 2011, Robin launched her first product SILKtage Rejuvenating Styling Serum by Emtage Beauty.
SILKTÁGE was born out of genuine passion and commitment for providing pure, organic, multi-use, anti-aging products that are healthy for the body and the planet. We use only the purest, highest-quality, most effective global botanical ingredients that are fair traded, sustainable, ethnically sourced and beauty secrets derived from regions where women are known for their beautiful skin and hair. Our signature ingredients include Moroccan Argan Oil, Japanese Camellia Oil, Monoi Oil from the South Pacific, South American RoseHip Oil, Coconut Oil from the Tropics and Sesame Oil from India. We support fair trade women co-ops throughout the world, support human rights and are against the use of child labor and animal testing. All products are custom formulated by founder Robin Emtage and distributed by Emtage Beauty, Beverly Hills, California. We are committed to a lifestyle that focuses on the holistic approach of beauty, from the inside out.
"Silk" because our signature ingredients Argan oil, Camellia oil, Rosehip oil and others are "silky" oils and often called "liquid silk". The "Tage" in SILKTÁGE derives of course from Emtage - a token of personal commitment to the products, our customer's hair and skin health and the health of the planet. In every bottle, SILKTÁGE is made with love!
All Good. Nothing Bad.
- You can get the same benefit from natural products that you get from products loaded with chemicals.
- People with a passion for clean and healthy beauty products can change the world for the better.
- What you put on your skin, hair and body is just as important as what you eat!
- In a Green lifestyle. We work with manufacturers, suppliers that support using earth friendly supplies and processes. Our cartons are made from post-consumer-waste paper and printed with soy-based ink. Our glass and PET plastic are recyclable.
- In using the most natural, luxurious, exotic botanical oils, fruit extract, butters and therapeutic essential oils nature has to offer.
- Not testing on animals, we do not use animal ingredients, artificial color, parabens, sulfates, propylene glycol, chemical preservatives, mineral oil, petroleum, other ingredients you do not want on your body and skin.